Friday, June 5, 2009

Baby Showers!










Kevin and I have VERY generous friends, co-workers and family members. We have had several showers and still have a few more in the upcoming weeks. My school hosted a shower and my girlfriends threw a shower last weekend. The Allen family is hosting a shower this weekend and my mom's side of the family is throwing a shower when they are in town for my Grandma's 90th birthday. It is so fun to get together with people and celebrate. We feel very blessed!

A few of the pictures you will see are from my "friends" shower. It was so fun to get together with the girls. We played a few games, ate a delicious lunch and opened gifts. We played "guess the size of the belly" and I realized that I must appear to LOOK a lot bigger than I am. Almost everyone's string was huge when they tried to measure it around my waist. I think some people's measurement may have been big for Kate Gosselin (from Jon and Kate plus 8 who had sextuplets). Yikes!!!

After the shower, we went to my parents house to have dinner with Molly before she went back to Madison. We laid out the gifts on the table and had fun playing with them. My dad kept saying "what is this for?" "did we have this when the kids were growing up?" "how did we ever raise 5 kids without this stuff?" Auntie Molly tried out the tummy time mat and Kevin practiced with the Baby Bjorn. Baby stuff is so fun!

We had our 36 week appointment on Friday. We were surprised to find out that I am dilated 2 cm and 50% effaced!!! I realize that I could stay at 2 cm for a few weeks but my doctor said that it will probably happen sooner than later. We went home after the appointment and I frantically started washing baby clothes and organizing his closet. There is so much to do before his arrival!!!

I only have three days left of school before summer vacation. I am READY to be done! I will miss the kids and my co-workers but it will be nice to have a few weeks to get stuff organized at home before the baby arrives.

We have a very busy week and weekend coming up. My mom's entire side of the family is coming in town to celebrate Marge's 90th birthday!!! We have many fun events planned including a birthday party at her apartment on Saturday afternoon. It will be great to see everyone and spend time together.

1 comment:

  1. hahhaha great pictures! hope you had fun at the shower today, sad I couldn't make it! See you soon and tell baby Allen he can't come for at least 2 more weeks until I move home!!!

    ReplyDelete