Sunday, January 10, 2010

SWIMMING!!!








Kevin and I took Leo to the Chaska Community Center on Saturday to go swimming. It was quite a production!!! I took Leo into the locker room with me to get him changed into his swimsuit. It is freezing here so I had to peel off about 10 layers before I got to his diaper. The locker room has tiny little benches that were not big enough to lay Leo down so I had to hold him to change him. Well, he decided to poop, pee and spit up while I was holding him without a diaper on. I was soaked and he was a mess! Once we finally got out of the locker room, we met Kevin by the pool and he sat on the edge of the toddler area and dipped Leo's toes into the water. At first, Leo's bottom lip began to quiver and he had a very sad look but then he warmed up to the idea and enjoyed splashing around with Kevin. He was very interested in all of the noise and commotion going on around him. Horrified at the thought of putting on a swimsuit, I did not join the boys in the pool. Instead I hung out on the deck and took a lot of pictures. I definitely looked like a first time mom taking 5,000 pictures of my baby in the pool. After about 15 minutes, Leo was ready to go so we headed back to the locker room. I had to change him out of his suit, put a diaper on, get him dressed, put his coat, hat and mittens on and get him back into his carseat. Whew! I was exhausted to say the least! It was a 2 hour trip for 15 minutes of swimming!!! I hope it will get easier once we start swimming lessons in March...

2 comments:

  1. Adorable, Laura! I remember a similar experience like it was yesterday. Next time use the family locker room. Bigger benches, more privacy, and then DAD can help out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! What a day! What a great little field trip. Hopefully Leo will become a little fishy with swimming lessons starting up :) -- Jenny

    ReplyDelete