Thursday, September 17, 2009

The start of a new school year...










For the first time in the past 23 years I did not go back to school this fall. As a student and a teacher, I've always anxiously awaited the month of September- the stress, the fun and the craziness of a new year. It's hard to believe that the first few weeks of school have come and gone and I still feel like I am on summer vacation. It feels great.

For the first time, I am starting the school year as a parent and not a teacher. Leo and I started our ECFE class this week. It is a class through the EP School District for babies who are 0-6 months old and their parents. I love it! We sing songs, play with toys, and learn all about child development. It is fun for Leo to interact with the other babies and it is great for me to interact with the other moms.

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. He is really starting to look like you BOTH! It's amazing how he keeps changing. Wish I could have seen you three yesterday. We'll have to find time soon.
    Best, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about it is that Leo crapped his pants on the first day of school. See, Uncle Andy, other kids crap their pants on the first day of school too! The only difference is that Leo was 2 months and you were in 8th grade.

    ReplyDelete