Thursday, July 2, 2009

Due Date

Well today is the day. The day we have imagined since the end of October. It is our due date. Unfortunately Baby Allen may not make his arrival today. I was well advised about this and everyone told me "first baby's are usually late" or "you will probably go past your due date" or "don't be surprised if you are a week or two late." I listened when everyone told me this but I really thought he would be here by now. I guess he is just taking his sweet time. The good news is that Kevin has today and tomorrow off (because of the 4th) so my sister is off duty and he is home with me. I feel much better having him close by just in case! We went out for breakfast this morning to celebrate the due date and then went for a long walk (a walk that would take a normal person 5 minutes but took me 30). The we went to Costco to stock up on frozen goods and now we are home, waiting. When we were on our walk we saw a lot of white cranes and Kevin said that they were baby storks waiting to bring us our little boy. I hope he is right!

1 comment:

  1. Laura and Kevin - We are checking each day to see if Baby Allen has made his way. You are in our thoughts and prayers. This is such an exciting time. I'm just hoping, especially for Laura's sake, that the baby comes soon! We are so excited for you guys, and we can't wait to meet Baby Allen! Love you! Julie, Colin and Elodie

    ReplyDelete