Sunday, July 19, 2009

A BIG weekend!







We have had a very busy weekend! It all started on Friday with Leo's 2 week doctors appointment. The appointment went great and he got a wonderful report. We found out that he gained a pound since his one week appointment! Most babies gain a 1/2 ounce a day and Leo has been gaining 2 ounces a day! He also grew a 1/2 inch. So now he is 9 pounds 11 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. Our little baby is not so little!!! I could tell he was getting bigger because most of his newborn clothes no longer fit. We are now officially in 0-3 months! Leo also got his first shot at the doctors office. It was so sad! I think I cried as much as he did. I felt so bad, he was sleeping soundly in my arms and then she gave him the shot and he screamed! Poor little guy. I think Dad will have to hold him at his 2 month when he gets 4 shots, I don't think I could handle that! Overall things went well and we are very lucky to have such a healthy little boy.

Uncle Andy arrived on Thursday afternoon from Denver to meet Leo. I think it was love at first sight. It was so fun to see them interact with each other. Maybe Leo will convince Andy to move back home :)

Kevin had to go to Chicago for a work meeting early Friday morning until late Saturday night so Leo and I went to Grammy and Gramps house for a sleepover. It was so fun to spend time with everyone and it was GREAT to have the extra help. I don't think Leo spent more than 10 minutes without being held by someone. At one point, I had to become a baby hog just so I could see the little guy. We took him to the Eden Prairie Mall (where Charlie and Michael took turns pushing him in the stroller) and spent lots of time hanging out. Leo did great at his first slumber party!

Kevin came home on Saturday night. We were so happy to see him again! I am not sure who missed who more...Kevin was pretty excited to see little Leo and spend time with him again.

On Sunday we celebrated my Dad's birthday. His official birthday is on Wednesday but we wanted to celebrate while everyone was home. Happpy birthday Dad/Gramps!

Leo had his first real bath on Sunday. As you can see from the pictures, he didn't enjoy it too much. Luckily we only have to do it a few times a week. Maybe he will get used to it...

It has been a very busy and fun weekend! It is amazing to experience so many "firsts" with Leo. He is such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment