Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Raspberry Day Parade

Tapping to the beat of the drummers in the marching band. Can you see the rapid arm movement?



Wishing I was up on that float...


Leo and Dada at the parade.


Sitting and watching with Mama

Walking down Mainstreet



Growing up, my family always went to the Raspberry Day Parade in Hopkins. My Dad would go down to Main street at 5am and set out chairs and blankets to reserve a spot to sit. We would bring our bags to collect candy and our coolers full of snacks. We would sit for hours in the hot sun watching the parade. My favorite part was always the float with the Raspberry Princesses and Queen. I wanted so badly to be the Princess of the parade. I could just picture myself sitting on top of the float in a fancy dress waving to the crowd. I loved going to the parade! This year we took Leo to watch the parade. We thought he would last a few minutes and then we would have to go but Leo LOVED it! We sat for two hours watching the firetrucks, police cars, clowns, motorcycles, bands and floats. Leo loved all of the action. His favorite part was the marching bands. He tapped his hands to the beat of the drums and clapped and clapped! It was such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment