Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What a Weekend!

I love this picture of Kevin and Leo looking at the lake.
Grandma Nelson gave Leo an early Birthday present!

Playing at the lake!

Loving the water


Snuggling on the hammock bright and early on Sunday morning with Mommy

Playing in the kiddie pool

Happy Fathers Day Daddy!

So tired on the way home...

Happy 91st birthday Grandma Davis!


We had quite the weekend! On Friday night we went out for dinner at Maynard's to celebrate Fathers Day. It was a beautiful night and Maynard's was packed! We spent most of our dinner feeding Leo, holding him away from the food on the table, picking up dropped toys and tilting the umbrella to keep Leo out of the sun. We were all exhausted by the end! After dinner we walked around downtown Excelsior and ended the night with ice cream from Licks. I am glad we had the chance to celebrate together. Leo is very lucky to have such a fun, caring, loving, hands-on dad. Kevin is such a natural father and I feel so blessed to share this journey with him.

On Saturday Leo woke up for the day at 4:45am. I guess he wanted to get an early start for our trip to the cabin! We all got up, finished packing and got ready to head out. Kevin stayed behind to play a round of golf with a few friends (a new fathers day tradition) and met us in Alex later that day. Leo and I rode up with my mom and sister. I was very worried about the car ride but he did great! He napped most of the way there and was happy and content the rest of the way. When we got there the place was packed! All of my relatives were there and it was so fun to see everyone! A lot of my cousins have kids and there were 8 kids under the age of 7. Leo loved seeing everyone but was very clingy and has some major separation anxiety which was difficult. Other than that, he did great. He napped well, slept well and traveled well. It felt so wonderful to go up North and be on the lake again. We really enjoyed seeing my Grandma Nelson and had fun celebrating her 83rd birthday! We were in Alex on Saturday and Sunday and came home late on Sunday night. Once again Leo did great in the car and slept the whole way and even transferred to his crib without waking up! Go Leo! Thank you to the Odland Family for hosting such a fun weekend at the lake!

On Monday, we spent time with my Grandma Davis and celebrated her 91st Birthday!!! She loved seeing Leo and enjoyed watching him play. On Tuesday night we had the Allen clan over to celebrate Fathers Day and on Wednesday night we are going to my parents house to celebrate.
I want to say thank you to my Dad for being such a wonderful father and role-model to me and such a loving and fun Gramps to Leo. Thanks for your never-ending love and support, Happy Fathers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment