Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thoughts

So Sweet!
How does this new toy work?

I think I figured it out...


I love my new gumball machine from the garage sale!


Leo has his first ear infection! He came down with a high fever on Thursday, we took him in on Friday and he had a little fluid in his ears so the Doctor told us to watch him. He had a high fever all weekend so I took him back on Monday and he was diagnosed with an ear infection. He was CRANKY and CLINGY over the weekend and only wanted me to hold him and rock him. He wasn't sleeping well or eating well and needed a lot of TLC. I am so glad that he is starting to feel better! I felt so bad for him when he was sick. I just hated hearing him cry and fuss because of the pain. It is nice to get back to our normal, healthy life. I thought we were going to make it to his first birthday without getting an ear infection but we just missed it by a few weeks!

I can not believe that Leo will be one in a few weeks! This year has honestly been the fastest year of my life. I feel like he was just born. Now he is a big kid who loves to play, laugh, smile, swing, clap, and eat! His personality is really starting to develop and he is such a fun kid. I love him more than words can describe and I am so thankful for my sweet little buddy!

We had a garage sale last week with a few of our neighbors. I put a bunch of random stuff out and marked most of it for .25 cents. I made a whopping $26 at the sale! However, I spent $40 on big kid toys and clothes from our neighbor who has boys ages 2 and 5. So I guess I am really in the hole $14...oh well! It feels good to get some of the junk out of our house so we can make room for new big kid junk!

This weekend we are going to my aunt and uncle's lake home in Alex to celebrate my Grandma's birthday. Most of my aunts, uncles and cousins will be there. I am super excited to see everyone and spend some time at the lake! I was unable to go to the party last year because I was giant pregnant (the picture is of me last year at this time, I know I was huge!)
This will be Leo's first vacation to the lake and I am a little nervous about the car ride and the sleeping... He usually cries after about 20 minutes in the car and has only fallen asleep once or twice in his carseat. No matter how tired he is, he would rather cry than fall asleep...therefore I hope the 2.5 hour car ride goes smoothly! Leo is a creature of habit and only sleeps well in his crib in his room with his fan and sound machine. I am interested to see how he will nap and sleep in a new place...I hope it goes well!!! I will give you the update next week!

On the way home from work today, Kevin stopped at the Sweet Retreat in Edina on 50th and France and brought home a few different kinds of cupcakes, what a nice surprise! I have never in my life tasted something as good as these cupcakes! My favorites were the coconut cream and the banana bread with chocolate icing. They are AMAZING!!! If you are craving something sweet, head to the Sweet Retreat, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment