Monday, November 9, 2009

I love my Jumperoo!








Before Leo was born, we agreed that weren't going to let bright colored, plastic toys take over our house. We weren't going to litter our family room with kid junk. Well now that he's here, things have changed. This weekend we took our beautiful glass and rod-iron coffee table out of our family room to make room for the bright colored plastic toys that are spread throughout the house. We have a playmat, a bouncer, a rocker, a bumbo chair, a swing, a tummy time mat and our newest purchase is a giant jumperoo that Leo can't get enough of. Our nicely decorated family room has turned into kidville and Leo is only 4 months old. Although I miss the way our house used to look, I love the smiles and squeals that come from playing with the giant, bright colored plastic toys.

3 comments:

  1. I totally know that feeling! Before Sara was born, I couldn't see how any baby toys would fit with our decor ... now our decor is baby toys! I also never thought I'd have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the DVR ... isn't it funny how quickly our views on all that change?

    Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thats WHY I decided to go with dark furniture and bright accessories-so that the kid toys would blend in! Haha-so fun-life with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, you guys are such good parents. Good to know that your normal, Leo will appreciate it some day.
    My babe is 13 and still in the process of taking over every room of the house...but then I think wow how lame the house would be without out her art on the refrigerator and her bike in the shoes at the front door, the back door and the garage door, patio door LOL.

    ReplyDelete