Monday, February 9, 2009

Today at 3:00...

We have our 20 week ultrasound today at 3:00. I can't believe that we are going to find out if Baby Allen is a boy or a girl in less than an hour!!! We have wondered for 20 weeks what we are having and (hopefully) we will know today. Many people have warned me that sometimes it is hard to tell or that the baby does not cooperate to find out. If that is the case, we understand that it is meant for us to be surprised at delivery.

Everyone seems to have a different opinion about what we are having...All along I thought it was a girl. I have pictured having a girl, sometimes I accidentally refer to the baby as a she and I've had many girl dreams. However, lately I have been thinking it may be a boy. I looked at a Chinese birth calendar and that said it was a boy and my mom did the "pencil test" on me last night and the results showed that it was a boy. Most of my family thinks we are having a boy and Kevin's family is split. It is so fun to hear every one's opinion and reason for why they think pink or blue.

I do realize that the most important reason for today's ultrasound is to make sure the baby is healthy. The unknown is kind of scary, so I keep myself sane by focusing on the gender and not the possible health issues. In the end, it doesn't matter in the slightest if it is a boy or a girl as long as the baby is healthy and strong. That is the news I am most excited to hear today. I will keep you all updated and post the ultrasound pictures tonight!!! Check back later for more news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment