Friday, June 3, 2011

So much to Report...
















We have had such a busy spring, I have taken a backseat to blogging and now there is so much to report!

First and foremost, we are excited to announce that Leo is going to be a big brother! I am due October 17th with another BOY!!! Can you believe it! Two boys 27 months apart. I hope I have enough energy. Lately the one boy had been giving me a run for my money!!! We are very excited to have two boys so close in age and can't wait to meet the new baby. I have started to buy a few newborn clothes and when Leo looks at them he says "ohhh cute". He LOVES babies right now and I am hoping that will continue. I was feeling pretty sick until about week 18 and now I am feeling better, but still exhausted. That might have something to do with the BUSY toddler I run after all day :)

We are feeling settled in our new house. The inside is coming together and we are still working on the outside. They finished painting last week and we will hopefully have a driveway and landscaping in the next two weeks. We currently have a big mud pile. We need 4 sunny and dry days to start working outside and we haven't had that since March. The forecast looks good for next week so we've got everyone lined up to get things done! Leo will be sad to see his GIANT sandbox gone but I will be very happy to have grass!!! We love our neighborhood and have gotten to know most of the neighbors. Everyone is very friendly and there are TONS of kids! We spend most of the day outside only coming in for lunch, nap and dinner. Leo brings me his shoes after breakfast and we head out to play. We have been loving the nice weather we've had the past few days and are very excited for summer!

I celebrated my 30th birthday on May 13th. I can't believe I am 30 now. I have never really cared about my age but for some reason 30 seems like such a big change. Kevin and I celebrated by going out to dinner at a great place downtown. He sent me 30 roses for 30 years. We were looking back at when he sent me 18 roses when I turned 18 and it seems like just yesterday. Now here we are married with a toddler, a house and a baby on the way. Oh how life goes so fast!

Leo graduated from his Ones ECFE class this spring. We loved going to ECFE every week and will miss it this summer! I already have him signed up for the 2's class in the fall. He started the year crying and crying when we seperated and ended the year loving school and playing so well with all of the kids. I think it is so good for him to spend time away from me, with another adult in charge and with other kids his own age. We loved our teachers and classmates and hope for another great year next year!

Recently, my mom, Leo and I went to the Arboretum for a picnic and afternoon out. We had a great time. In the pictures, you will see a big bruise on Leo's forehead. He fell a few days ago while running on the sidewalk. Poor guy. He has already had several scraped knees and hands this spring. I guess thats what happens when you never stop running! Tonight, Kevin, Leo and I went to Schooner Days in EP for rides, food and fun. Leo LOVED every second and rode the car ride at least 5 times. It was HOT outside (in the 90's) so we cooled off with an ice cream treat that ended up everywhere! It is so fun to watch him enjoy "big kid" things like rides and games.

We are looking forward to a fun summer of parks, pools and sprinklers! I love the curiosity and sweetness of a toddler and I want to soak up every minute we have together!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on baby boy #2! I guess that means there will be more scrapes and bruises in your future. Makes me laugh at the difference between boys and girls ... although Sara runs a lot and plays hard, she always tends to slow down before things get too risky. I'm guessing Leo hit his head, cried for a moment, and then kept playing, right?!

    Glad your new neighborhood is a good fit for your guys.

    ReplyDelete