Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Proud Mom Moment...

We have been working with Leo on saying "Thank you" to people when they give him something or help him with something. He doesn't know how to say the words so he does the sign language form of thank you. He is getting pretty good at doing it on his own witout being told. Well, today we were at the doctor for his MMR shot. It is a painful one and as the nurse said "it stings pretty bad." Poor guy. So I laid him on the table and the nurse gave him the shot and he started to SCREAM. I felt so bad for him. I held him as he cried and cried. The nurse pulled out some stickers and gave him a train sticker. He stopped crying, looked at her and said "thank you" in sign language. I couldn't believe that in the middle of his pain, he remembered to say thank you. I wanted to cry! What a sweet little boy. I love him to pieces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment